Bonding (きずな Kizuna) is a feature exclusive to the Famitama, Royal Famitama, and their English counterparts, the Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 and the Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity. It replaces the care-related growth structure used on most Tamagotchi releases.
Bonding Points and Percentages
Bonding features two scales. There is an internal scale ranging from 0 to 999. This is the number of bonding points the family has. There is also a visual scale which converts the number of bonding points from the internal scale into a percentage, where 1 bonding point is equivalent to 0.1%. Because of this, should a family earn 100 bonding points, the bonding will increase by 10%. There is no way of knowing the actual bonding points as only the percentage is visible.
|Bonding Points||Bonding Percentage||Bonding Rating|
Effect on Growth
In the V5, FamiTama and their Royal counterparts, it's the bonding level, as well as which training items are used that affect the growth, and not how well they are cared for. Any adult can be obtained, provided that the bonding is within the right ranges and that the right items are used.
- If a family reach adulthood with less than 400 bonding points (0%-30%) then they will evolve into low bonding adults.
- If a family reach adulthood with more than 400 but less than 700 bonding points (40%-70%) then they will evolve into average bonding adults.
- If a family reach adulthood with more than 800 bonding points (80%-100%) then they will evolve into high bonding adults.
Which adults they evolve into, however, will also depend partly on which teens were obtained. Since all the teens and adults are part of a certain group, they must use the same training items in order to maintain the current group, otherwise the group will change.
The family can also create pure families which can be obtained from 2nd generation onwards through marrying a staple adult with their gender-opposite counterpart and having 999 bonding points (100% bonding). These marriages will have the same result if done in reverse.
- If the family contains Mametchi and he marries Chantotchi with 999 bonding points (100% bonding), the Mame family can be created.
- If the family contains Memetchi and she marries Mumutchi with 999 bonding points (100% bonding), the Meme family can be created.
- If the family contains Kuchipatchi and he marries Yonepatchi with 999 bonding points (100% bonding), the Kuchipa family can be created.
- If the family contains Violetchi and she marries Sukatchi with 999 bonding points (100% bonding), the Violet family can be created.
- If the family contains Prince Tamahiko and he marries Rosetchi with 999 bonding points (100% bonding), the Gotchi King family can be created.
Bonding can increase in numerous ways. Certain methods add a certain number of bonding points. Bonding can increase in the following ways:
- Answering a training call. In V5 and FamiTama, on every even hour excluding 8 AM, 8 PM, and any hour between 9 PM and 7 AM, the characters in a family will call for attention, and the icon on the far left on the bottom row will be highlighted. Twelve items can be used for training. There are two categories each of which feature six items; two of them are Smart family items, two are Cheerful family items, and the last two are Easy-Going items. Three are shown at a time, with one from each group. Smart items are on the far left, Cheerful items in the center and Easy Going on the far right. Each time a training call is responded to, it results in 40 bonding points being added, as well as affecting which group the characters will be in.
- In V5C and Royal FamiTama, most of the above applies although now training calls occur at 9:30 AM, 1 PM, 4 PM, 5:30 PM, and 7:30 PM. Also, there are now four categories with only one set of three items, and the Smart group items are replaced with Sociable group items, the Cheerful group items are replaced with Active group items, and the Easy-Going items are replaced with Artistic group items.
- Playing the built-in games with a parent. This will only work with the two games playable during the second generation onwards. The score in a game affects the bonding points earned. 0, 2, 8, 14 or 20 bonding points can be earned.
- Playing connection games. Winning a connection game results in 5 bonding points being added. Winning 20 connection games will result in the bonding increasing by 10%, thus gaining 100 bonding points. As the chance of winning is 50%, the more connection games played, the higher chance a family has of winning 20 connection games.
- Using certain items. There are a total of 21 items that can increase bonding. The Famitama and V5 feature ten of them, whereas the Royal Famitama and V5C feature the other ten, although the V5C has one different item replacing one of the Royal Famitama's.
Seven of them add one bonding point, whereas the others add three. Therefore, if a 1-point item is used 100 times and a 3-point item is used 34 times, the bonding will increase by 100 bonding points and 10%.
Famitama and V5
- Campfire (1 BP)
- Textbook (1 BP)
- Cracker (1 BP)
- DVD (1 BP)
- Aquarium (1 BP)
- Disco ball (1 BP)
- Stereo system (1 BP)
- Unchi-kun (3 BP)
- Gotchi King DVD (3 BP)
- Magokorotchi (3 BP)
Royal Famitama and V5C
- Gramophone (1 BP)
- Screen (Royal FamiTama only) (1 BP)
- Famous painting (V5C only) (1 BP)
- Safe (1 BP)
- Satellite TV (1 BP)
- Planetarium (1 BP)
- Ferris wheel (1 BP)
- Game console (1 BP)
- Doll house (3 BP)
- Home theatre system (3 BP)
- Magokorotchi (3 BP)
As well as gaining bonding points, they can also be deducted. 10 bonding points are deducted whenever a training call is missed. This does not apply if the family has 0 bonding points because neither scale can go into negative figures. Curiously, neglect doesn't decrease bonding.
- Main article: C-Click Reaction
When the user presses C on the main screen when no icons are highlighted, certain animations will occur. They are associated with bonding.
- 0-199 BP (0-10%): The characters will shake their heads eight times, and then question marks will appear above them. In the case of less than three characters, a question mark will appear above the air.
- 200-399 BP (20-30%): The oldest child will come up close to the screen.
- 400-599 BP (40-50%): All characters will run out of the screen through the right one after another, and then come back in through the left, before falling to the ground.
- 600-799 BP (60-70%): The oldest child will kiss the second oldest child, and then kiss the youngest child. They both will kiss back and three hearts will appear above them. They will merge to form one massive heart which will float above all of them. In the case of less than three characters, the oldest child will still kiss them and a heart will still appear, but they will kiss the air where the heart will also appear.
- 800-999 BP (80-100%): All characters will come up close to the screen.
- The Japanese name, Kizuna, is the Japanese word for "connection", "friendship" or "bond". In full, it means "The strength and depth of our work in that it signifies our connections with the love in our own hearts, with our creativity and intuition, with nature, and with other people that form the basis of our work." This term is used because bonding refers to the relationship of the family, with "our work" most likely referring to the relationship strengthening.