|Genders and Appearances:|
|Name in other languages:|
| Russian: Гимеспечи
Mandarin (Taiwan): 公主太空吉(台灣麥當勞翻譯) Cantonese (Hong Kong): Spacy公主
Himespetchi (ひめスぺっち) is an adult female Tamagotchi character who made her debut in episode 114 of the anime TV show, Tamagotchi! and continued to appear in Tamagotchi! Yume Kira Dream until she returned to her home planet in episode 35. She returns again in GO-GO Tamagotchi!
Although she does appear on the Tama Profy as a Tama Profile, she needs a password to be unlocked. She also later appeared on the Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver., which was released in March 2012, and is featured on the Tamagotchi P's. She is also raisable on the newest English release, Tamagotchi Friends. She also appears on the latest Tamagotchi release Tamagotchi 4U as an obtainable character.
Himespetchi strongly resembles Spaceytchi and his brothers, but without horns and or a beak. Her head is pink, shiny, and tear-shaped. She has a dark pink star on the left side of her head, and a small yellow sphere on the top of her head. Her eyes are oval-shaped and she has blue irises. Each of her eyes has three eyelashes on top and two eyelashes on the bottom. She wears a black dress with a dark pink star in the middle and pink trim on the bottom. She wears dark pink boots, and without them, she has skinny, light pink legs. She also has skinny, pale gray arms and white gloves that resemble mittens.
The color of Himespetchi's body is usually light pink, such as on the Princess Spacy iD L, when she wears a dress with a low front, one can see she is light pink. However, the Himespetchi plush Bandai made has an all over light gray body (the same color as her arms).
Himespetchi is in love with Mametchi, and she tries to keep her crush on him a secret, but isn't always very good at hiding it. She daydreams about him most of the time. During Himespetchi's daydreams, he appears as Ikemen Mametchi, which is a "handsome" version of Mametchi. One day, Himespetchi dreams of marrying Mametchi.
She is very friendly and out-going. She isn't shy like Spaceytchi is when in public, but sometimes she can get nervous when Mametchi is around because of her crush. She often tries to follow Mametchi around and has the tendency to be in the wrong place at the wrong time which can easily lead her to believe that he has feelings for other girls instead of her. This can upset her and sometimes make her jealous; sometimes leading to conversations with her conscience.
Spaceytchi has a crush on Himespetchi, and they knew each other when they young back on their home planet. However, Himepsetchi doesn't take interest in him since she would rather pursue Mametchi, even though Mametchi doesn't appear to return her romantic feelings.
Himespetchi's two famous catchphrases are Gigakyun (ギガキュン) and Gigashun (ギガシュン). In English translation, she says "Giga crush".
Himespetchi is a lot smarter than Spaceytchi and she enjoys cooking. She also is frightened of snails and slugs.
In Virtual Pets
Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy Ver.
Himespetchi is obtained from Sabosabotchi with 0-1 care mistakes.
Himespetchi is obtained from Nokobotchi with the Intelligence, Gourmet, and/or Strength traits and 0-2 care mistakes.
Himespetchi is obtained from any teen with good to average care with the Social trait.
Tamagotchi Friends (Dream Town ver.)
Himespetchi is obtained by having any female teen win the Robotics class minigame at Dream School at least three times, and by taking generally good care of her through achieving little to no care mistakes.
Himespetchi is obtained from any child with 20 or more Invention skill points.
In the Anime
- – Himespetchi
Himespetchi is very out-going and good at making friends. She is also popular at Tamagotchi School because of her fortune telling phone. She's smart and enjoys cooking, and she loves Mametchi - it was love at first sight. She wants to be close to Mametchi whenever she gets the chance. However, she gets very nervous when he's around or when he is talking to her. Whenever she sees him she often imagines he will tell her that he loves her, but when it turns out he doesn't she gets disappointed. She also sometimes gets jealous of other girls whenever they spend time with Mametchi, and sometimes she mistakes the things they do as displays of affection.
Himespetchi sees Mametchi differently from her friends. It is because she likes him so much that she sees him as an Ikemen, which is a Japanese term for a good-looking man. Ikemen Mametchi has sparkly eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows, longer arms and legs, and flowers and sparkles around him. Himespetchi eyes become heart-shaped when she thinks about him.
Prince Tamahiko had a short crush on her in episode 129. In this episode, Himespetchi fell down the stairs while imagining herself kissing Mametchi and lost her memory. She remembered that there was someone she likes, but thinks it was Prince Tamahiko, so she develops a crush on him. Himespetchi gets her memory back and remembers her love for Mametchi, but this time Prince Tamahiko loses his memory and starts liking Himespetchi instead of Princess Tamako.
She is one of the girls who can take Mametchi's bad singing voice, but she pretends she hates it so others don't wonder why she can tolerate it and suspect her of having a crush.
She is amongst the few to be unaffected by the egg curse. She becomes dishearted when she finds out that Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi have to leave to study in Dream Town.
Himespetchi goes to Dream Town at night and by morning she is already enrolled at Dream School to finish her studies and be with Mametchi. Mametchi and his friends are very surprised to see her there; she then chooses to go to robot class to be with Mametchi. In class she is about to say her dream is to be with him, but instead, changes the topic by showing everyone her phone pretending to be more interested in electronics. Taikotchi teaches her to play the drums so Himespetchi becomes the drum player in Kira Kira Girls. In episode 34, her family asked her they wanted her to come back home. Not wanting to dissappoint them, she relucently agrees, but she couldn't tell her friends, so she keeps it a secret, although she unkowningly tell Yumematchi and Kiraritchi. Episode 35 was her final appearance in the series. She performed with the band, though they didn't win yet still had fun, and she spend one final moment with Mametchi. Later, she leaves Dream Town and back to her home in space, but not before giving everyone, including Mametchi, goodbye letters and everyone told Mametchi to read, making him feel dishearted. As the run to catch her, Himespetchi's voice says from the note that she thanks Mametchi and the others for their times in the towns she been in, and will keep trying her best. Her last lines from the notes says that Mametchi is her special very Tama-friend. By the time they arrived at the spot where she and her spaceship was, they were already flying off. As she departs, Himespetchi goes to her window to close, but then looks outside, where Mametchi and everyone formed a heart and waved flashlights at Himespetchi to wish her farewell. Touched, she happily tears up, thanking them for this special thanks, and with a heart making shape with her spaceship, she flies off for her home. After that, she was absent for the rest of the series, as well as Tamagotchi! Miracle Friends, although she was mentioned and made flashbacks. In episode 36, the gang gets despressed everytime they're reminded of her. Coffretchi, a Tamagotchi who moved in the spot where she used to live and admired her the most of the band and she really wanted to see but was disappointed when she found out she left, but was happy to take her place. She didn't return to Tamagotchi Planet until the GO-GO Tamagotchi! series.
Himespetchi returns in a wedding dress and princess crown soon after the Tamagottsun. It's possible the her parents allowed her to go because they want her to search for someone to marry or let her go to earth to be with her friends again. However, Himespetchi is still too shy to tell Mametchi that she wants to marry him. Luckily, she becomes friends with Neenetchi, who helps Himespetchi become more confident. Once arrival, she notice all her Tamagotchi Town friends are there as well when DoriTama Town was formed. While looking around, she accidentally lands on Spaceytchi. At first he wanted to shout, but stopped when he saw Himespetchi in her dress. He recently started to love talk to her, only for Coffretchi to knock him aside, because she was excited to meet her. She also meet Miraitchi, Clulutchi, Candy Pakupaku, and Watchlin, Tamagotchi residents in Dream Town from the future, who came from there by accident, while she was away and reunites with Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi, who left Dream Town after she did and came back either before or after she arrived to become idols. In episode 35, while in a quarrel, she and Neenetchi bumped into each other, causing them to switch bodies, and had to lives out each other's until they figure out how to switch back. This makes them make up their differences, and with the help Mametchi, they got original bodies back. In episode 40, when she heard they Mametchi was going to participate in one of Lovelitchi/Lovelin's movies, she fears that Mametchi and Lovelitchi might have romatic relationship and marry each other, so she disguised herself as a boy name Himeboytchi to star in the movie with Lovelitchi/Lovelin. In episode 45, she joined with some of the gang to be with the King's party, and performed in the band again after being inspired by a girl named Nadeshikotchi.
- Main article: Himespe Phone
The Himespe Phone is Himespetchi's special phone thats she uses the tell the future. She often uses it in the anime to find out how to win Mametchi's heart.
Hime (ひめ) means princess, and spe (スペ supe) is short for space (スペース supēsu).
- According to Himespetchi's profile on the Tama Profy, she loves Mametchi so much she even calls him Mametchi-sama, even though she is a princess. She does not call him Mametchi-sama anywhere else. This is likely due to her first designing, but was later removed to calling Mametchi, Mametchi-sama.
- Sama (さま) is used mainly to refer to people much higher in rank than oneself and sometimes towards a people one greatly admires.
- Himespetchi is the only Tamagotchi character to have a shoulder angel and devil. However, her angel is actually a cupid, Hime Cupid (ひめ♥キューピット Hime♥Kyūpitto). Himespetchi can also transform into Hime Cupid on the Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver., if she has both the Henshin Jo destination and has connected to 10 or more Tamagotchis. Her shoulder angel and devil never appeared in Yume Kira Dream.
- Even though Himespetchi does not have a catchphrase for when she is angry, her angry pose is seen quite a lot in the tv anime. It even features on the Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver., which anime poses aren't very common on Tamagotchi iD L characters. However Himespetchi's popular love pose with Gigakyun does not feature on the version.
- Himespetchi owns a small Mametchi plush. Its first big appearance is in the Tamagotchi! anime in episode 126, and in the second volume of the Tamagotchi Friends Manga Gigakyun ♥ Dream ★ Idol Himespetchi. He is normally seen on Himespetchi's bed, which she sleeps with hugging at night. She often talks to it thinking its Mametchi. She does have other Mametchi goods, including an Ikemen Mametchi clock she made herself; however, the plush seems to be her favorite. In the anime, the plush's eyes are different, changed to a more plush toy like appearance, dots.
- When Tomomi left the anime in episode 112, Himespetchi (First appearing in episode 114) replaced Tomomi's spot in the opening and ending of the series in season 6.
- On the Tamagotchi Friends website, before Tamagotchi Friends webisode 3 came out, some pages on the website hinted that Himespetchi would say "Giga Crush" by saying that Himespetchi has a "giga crush" on Mametchi.
Meaning of Gigakyun and Gigashun
- Gigakyun, Giga is an expression used to indicate "a huge amount", presumably from the "giga" Metric prefix (e.g. gigabyte). "Giga" is currently being used in Japan in the same way we've been using "mega" to mean "huge" in English for some time now. (e.g. "mega yacht" meaning a huge passenger ship.). Kyun means falling in love. Short for Kyunto, which means a young girl falling in love. Kyun is also known as a Japanese onomatopoeia, as the sound or feeling you get when you have butterflies in your stomach. This Japanese onomatopoeia can be used for both female and male since its only a sound, not connecting to Kyunto. Therefore, Gigakyun could mean "falling in lots of love."
- Gigashun is the opposite of Gigakyun. Shun is short for sad or depressed.
Himespetchi and Mametchi / Ikemen Mametchi
Himespetchi with her Shoulder Angel (Cupid) and Devil