|← Tamagotchi Connection Version 1||Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus||Haneru No Tobira Tamagotchi →|
|This article is about a Japanese Tamagotchi release.|
November 23, 2004
The Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus (祝ケータイかいツー!たまごっちプラス Iwai Kētai Kaitsū! Tamagotchi Purasu), usually shortened to the Keitai or K-Tama, is a Tamagotchi released in Japan on November 23, 2004. It builds on the Tamagotchi Plus, while adding new features, such as cell phone capabilities and a money system.
The Keitai is also noted as the first Tamagotchi with an antenna on the side. The Tamagotchi Connection Version 3 is the same in appearance.
The Keitai introduces a system of money known as Gotchi (symbolized by a G with a vertical line passing through). On the Keitai, Gotchi is obtained from evolving characters, winning games, winning games against other Tamagotchi, and inheriting money from a character's parent. With Gotchi, items and foods may be purchased.
There are eight games aincluded on the Keitai - three normal ones and five communication ones:
- Catch the Musical Notes: Where buttons A and B are used to switch between bags in order to catch falling musical notes while avoiding messes. Single notes are worth one point, and double-cleft notes worth two. To win, gain one hundred points total. Winning lowers weight by two. This game can also be found on the Tamagotchi Connection Version 3.
- Basketball: Where the Tamagotchi has to jump in order to knock a basketball into a net. Some balls will fall faster than others. Make thirty baskets to win. Winning lowers weight by three.
- Race: Where the Tamagotchi races against two other characters, and the user bets on which place their Tamagotchi will come in. Winning lowers weight by three.
- Betting Money: The default connection minigame if the requirements for the others are not met. Each Tamagotchi bets 10G ans jumps off the screen - one will return with 20G and the other with nothing.
- Ball Balancing: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a ball at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player has 10 seconds to mash the A or B button as much as they can to build up power. The Tamagotchi with the lowest power will fall off their ball and lose.
- Balloon: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a balloon at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player must choose one of three balloons. The balloons will inflate until they pop - one Tamagotchi will find a flower inside while the other will find poop.
- Tug-of-War: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a jump rope at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player has 10 seconds to mash the A or B button as much as they can to build up stamima. As stamina decreases at the same rate for both Tamagotchi, the one with the lowest initial stamina will lose.
- Trumpet: The Tamagotchi on both devices must be playing with a trumpet at the time in order to play this game. Before connecting, each player must get their Tamagotchi to mimic a song on the trumpet using the three buttons for different pitches. It is possible for both players to lose this game.
Cell Phone Communication
With the release of the Keitai, a game program became available for cell phones. The Keitai could generate an access code (ten numbers, two rows, five numbers per row) that can be used to login to the cell phone game. There, the user's Tamagotchi may play games to earn money, find a mate, buy items, and visit parents. The cell phone game would then generate a logout code.
This later became the backbone for the main capabilites of Tamatown.com.
- Main article: Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus/Character List