|← Oden-Kun Tamagotchi||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity →|
|This article is about a Japanese Tamagotchi release.|
|← Tamagotchi Connection Version 4.5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5||Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Celebrity →|
|This article is about an English Tamagotchi release.|
The Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 "Familtchi" (known as the いぇー！ふぁみりーイロイロ！たまごっちプラス Family Iro Iro! Tamagotchi Plus aka Famitama in Japan) is the sixth model in the line of Tamagotchi connection virtual pets. The Japanese edition was released on November 23, 2007, and globally as the V5 Familitchi in January 2008. Notably, this is the first Tamagotchi pet (since the Tamagotchi Connection in 2004) to be almost exactly the same between all four regions of Tamagotchi.
Screen and Shell Design
The V5's screen is unique, as it is now 1.5x the size of screens prior. The total size is now 48 x 30 pixels. The "Medicine" icon has now been merged with the "Chest" icon, and two new icons, being "Television" and "Training" have now been added.
For the Japanese release of the Famitama, rather than having an antenna, they instead have a key loop, with a key hanging off the side. For the V5 global releases, the key loop is replaced with a house-shaped antenna, and the key chain varies between regions. Asian/Oceanic regions have the key for a key chain, European releases have their current ball chain (though now with a charm included), and the US release has the same key ring.
In all cases, two designs are the same in every region, these being "Tamagotchi House" and "Love My Family". The Asian/Oceanic region also includes the "Pet" shell.
At the start of each generation, users can have a minimum of 1 egg and a maximum of 3 eggs. The oldest character can play games and use items. When two characters marry they become "Parent" characters. These occur from the second generation onward. The first-born son (ちょうなん chounan) and daughter (ちょうじょ choujo) determine the growth throughout the generation; they will always grow up to be in the same group. The second-born son (じなん jinan) or daughter (じじょ jijo) will never evolve into the same group as the other two children.
- Main article: Bonding
The Family series now includes a function of family bonding, which has an effect of what animations the characters do. Bonding may be brought up by using the Training icon, through specific items, or by playing games with parents (2nd generation onward). Bonding is shown in steps of 10%, and different percentages lead to changes in the C Click Reaction.
- 0%, 10% - The on-screen characters look in both directions, before making an error sound, and question marks appearing on screen. If you have any less than 3 characters, a ? mark will appear over the air.
- 20%, 30% - The oldest character comes up close to the screen, whilst the other two gradually vanish temporarily in the process, before returning after.
- 40%, 50% - All on-screen characters run off the screen through the left, come back, and fall over.
- 60%, 70% - The oldest character kisses the two characters surrounding him/her, and small heart appears over their heads, and when they, in turn, kiss back, a third heart appears above the middle, and the three hearts merge together and will result in a giant heart which will appear above them.
- 80%, 90%, 100% -(All) character(s) come(s) up close to the screen.
A total of four games are present on the Family series. All four games are played with the oldest child present.
- TV Surfing - The eldest child sits down and scrolls through channels featuring Nikatchi, Ringotchi, Young Androtchi, Young Dorotchi, and Young Mimitchi. Above the character, an image of one of the 5 channels is shown. The user must press A or B to stop the TV on the specified channel. Stop on 10 channels successfully to win.
- Tea Time - The eldest child stands in front of a table. The objective is to pour tea into cups only if they are placed correctly on the table. If the glass is placed upright, press the corresponding button to pour tea into it (A for left, B for right, both for both cups), and if both cups are placed wrong, don't pour any tea. Serve 20 to win.
- Golf Putt (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the father. An arrow moves underneath a golf ball. Press A or B to stop the arrow under the ball. Score 30 to win. This game also increases Bonding.
- Shoe Pairs (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the mother. The mother will hold up a shoe. Press A or B as the conveyor belt moves below when the matching shoe appears under the gap between the parent and child. Score 20 to win. This game also increases Bonding.
- Main article: Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 Item List
The V5 includes a new icon, a Television. Here, the user can:
- Use a shopping channel, in order to buy items and food for their Tamagotchi.
- Use a dating channel, to find potential mates for one of their Tamagotchis. The Dating Channel can be accessed 48 hours after the characters have become adults and can be accessed up to 3 times per day.
- Use a Travel Channel, to send their Tamagotchis on a trip. This replaces the pause function, and it costs 500G to use on the Japanese edition.
The Familitchi has the option to communicate with other Familitchi using V5, or a Music Star (V6).
In the Oceanic region, Version 5 was released with a Tamagotchi activity disc called "Tama DVD". This DVD contained 9 "channels" containing various games and animations, as well as a quiz with songs at the end. When you won certain games, you would be presented with a code for the V5, and there was also a shopping channel with codes which allowed you to get items for cheap prices.
There were two cartoons for each family (Mame, Meme, Kuchi, and Violet) which lasted 30 seconds to 1 minute and did not have any dialogue (except for incomprehensible gibberish). There were also cooking cartoons that were longer and showed the Tamagotchi characters making a recipe. Unlike the family cartoons, these had speech bubbles showing what the characters were saying. At the end of these cartoons, the character would give the food to another family member and if it was successful, a code for the food would appear.
- Main article: Tamagotchi Connection Version 5/Character list
- This is the first Tamagotchi in the Connection series to not feature any teens who are young forms of staple adults.