The Tamagotchi Connection Version 5 "Familtchi" (known as the いぇー！ふぁみりーイロイロ！たまごっちプラス Family Iro Iro! Tamagotchi Plus aka Famitama in Japan) is the sixth model in the line of Tamagotchi connection virtual pets. The Japanese edition was released on November 23, 2007, and globally as the V5 Familitchi in January 2008. Notably, this is the first Tamagotchi pet (since the Tamagotchi Connection in 2004) to be almost exactly the same between all four regions of Tamagotchi.
Also, if you don't take proper care of your tamagotchi family, and neglect it, they don't actually die, they get angry and go to Tamagotchi Planet, rather than dying like in previous versions
Screen and Shell DesignEdit
The V5's screen is unique, as it is now 1.5x the size of screens prior. The total size is now 48 x 30 pixels. The "Medicine" icon has now been merged with the "Chest" icon, and two new icons, being "Television" and "Training" have now been added.
For the Japanese release of the Famitama, rather than having an antenna, they instead have a key loop, with a key hanging off the side. For the V5 global releases, the key loop is replaced with a house-shaped antenna, and the key chain varies between regions. Asian/Oceanic regions have the key for a key chain, European releases have their current ball chain (though now with a charm included), and the US release has the same key ring.
In all cases, two designs are the same in every region, these being "Tamagotchi House" and "Love My Family". The Asian/Oceanic region also includes the "Pet" shell.
In this series, users can now have a minimum of 1 child and a maximum of 3 children. The eldest character (out of a possible 3 children) will play all the games, and can use any of your items. Parent characters occurring from the second generation onward means a total of 5 characters is highly possible. Now there can also be one, two, or three eggs born with each generation.
Version 5 Family series is very different from the other versions of Tamagotchi, because you can only have one character on them, but this is awesome because you can raise up to three, starting out with three eggs, then going through generations and when you get to a certain age, you can marry two characters, either by Dating Show or by IR Communication. Then there will be two more eggs. When they hatch, they will become the next Generation of your Tamagotchi family!
The Family series now includes a function of family bonding, which has an effect of what animations the characters do. Bonding may be brought up by using the Training icon, through specific items, or by playing games with parents (2nd generation onward). Bonding is shown in steps of 10%, and different percentages lead to changes in the C Click Reaction.
- 0%, 10% - The on-screen characters look in both directions, before making an error sound, and question marks appearing on screen. If you have any less than 3 characters, a ? mark will appear over the air.
- 20%, 30% - The oldest character comes up close to the screen, whilst the other two gradually vanish temporarily in the process, before returning after.
- 40%, 50% - All on-screen characters run off the screen through the left, come back, and fall over.
- 60%, 70% - The oldest character kisses the two characters surrounding him/her, and small heart appears over their heads, and when they, in turn, kiss back, a third heart appears above the middle, and the three hearts merge together and will result in a giant heart which will appear above them.
- 80%, 90%, 100% -(All) character(s) come(s) up close to the screen.
A total of four games are present on the Family series. All four games are played with the oldest child present.
- TV Surfing - The eldest child sits down and scrolls through channels featuring Nikatchi, Ringotchi, Young Androtchi, Young Dorotchi, and Young Mimitchi. Above the character, an image of one of the 5 channels is shown. The user must press A or B to stop the TV on the specified channel. Stop on 10 channels successfully to win.
- Tea Time - The eldest child stands in front of a table. The objective is to pour tea into cups only if they are placed correctly on the table. If the glass is placed upright, press the corresponding button to pour tea into it (A for left, B for right, both for both cups), and if both cups are placed wrong, don't pour any tea. Serve 20 to win.
- Golf Putt (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the father. An arrow moves underneath a golf ball. Press A or B to stop the arrow under the ball. Score 30 to win. This game also increases Bonding.
- Shoe Pairs (2nd Gen onwards) - This game is played along with the mother. The mother will hold up a shoe. Press A or B as the conveyor belt moves below when the matching shoe appears under the gap between the parent and child. Score 20 to win. This game also increases Bonding.
The V5 includes a new icon, a Television. Here, the user can:
- Use a shopping channel, in order to buy items and food for their Tamagotchi.
- Use a dating channel, to find potential mates for one of their Tamagotchis. The Dating Channel can be used after 48 hours of having adults.
- Use a Travel Channel, to send their Tamagotchis on a trip. This replaces the pause function, and it costs 500G to use on the Japanese edition.
The Familitchi has the option to communicate with other Familitchi using V5. However, there is a design flaw that means Familitchi can only connect with other Familitchi and not previous versions of Tamagotchi connexion.
"Smart Family" GroupEdit
- Mimifuwatchi (can be any gender)
"Cheerful Family" GroupEdit
- Omututchi (can be any gender)
"Easy-Going Family" GroupEdit
- Futabatchi (can be any gender)