One of the new features is a TamaPet (たまペット TamaPetto), that can be found, played with, and then adopted at Donut Park.There is also a flea market and morning market at Donut Park where you can sell and buy items with a good price. During the first day of each month, when you go to Donut Park, it is 'Cleaning Day'. You will meet three green guys, and they will give you an eco-item when you meet them, the eco-items can give you benefits when purchasing food and buying items.Just like the Tamagotchi iD the iD L is able to download extra games, items etc via infared from tama-ID-L.com
This Tamagotchi has also been translated to English by Bandai Asia, sold in China. The English version packaging of the Tamagotchi iD L are white, and are also available in all 6 colors.
You can raise your adult Tamagotchi to a Tamatomo level by doing certain things and collecting four joy stickers. A joy sticker can be obtained when the Tamagotchi is very very happy.
- Madonnatchi (special character)
- Giragiratchi (special character)
- Herotchi (special character)
- Maisutatchi (special character)
- 32 almost all new characters
- 10 pets
- 8 unlockable locations--Unlocked by acquiring seals for each character. Every 4 unlocks a new locations
- Ability to grow and sell plants
- Ability to buy things on sale at certain times
- Ability to clean the house when it gets dirty
- Ability to visit and eat at both male and female ancestor's house
- Ability to connect to other Tamagotchis and make friends, give gifts, and mate to create a new generation.
- Ability to capture photos with other Tamagotchis it connects with.
- Henshin Jo: When certain characters visit here, if they have certain clothes or accessories in their Closet, a question will appear asking if they want to change. The options are yes and no.
- Patchi Onsen (Patchi Forest): When your character visits here, a question will appear, asking if you want to enter the hotsprings. The options are yes and no.
- Melody Land: When your character visits here, your Tamagotchi can talk to Melodytchi's parents. Plus if you are lucky you may meet Joou Sama, and she will give you a Melody Charm.
- Waru Cafe: Meet Akaspatchi & Pipospatchi, Spaceytchi's little brothers, and talk about taking over Tamagotchi Planet. But just be careful that the Tamagotchi School teachers don't see you.
- Gotchi School (Tamagotchi School): Go to Tamagotchi School with Mimitchi and learn about Tamagotchi and Tamatomo.
Tamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary ver.EditTamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary ver. (たまごっちアイディーエル 15周年特別バージョン Tamagotchi Aidī Eru 15 Shuunen Tokubetsu Bājon) is the limited edition fifteenth anniversary Tamagotchi iD L. It comes in two colors, Royal Pink and Royal Purple, and has 11 new characters added and replaced. It was released on the 23rd of November, 15 years after Tamagotchi first debuted.
New added charactersEdit
- Brother Otogitchi (From Tamagotchi: Happiest Story in the Universe!)
- Prince Tamahiko
- Lovelin: Hero Lovelin
- Flowertchi: Ura Furawatchi (Ura Flowertchi)
- Melodytchi: Arabian Melody
- Chamametchi: Akazukin Chama (Red Riding Hood Chama)
- Memetchi: Ura Memetchi
- Moriritchi: Owarai Moriritchi (Comedian Moriritchi)
- Watawatatchi: Watawata Kaguya Hime (Princess Kaguya Watawata)
- Mametchi: Ura Mametchi
- Gozarutchi: Shinobi
- Maisutatchi: Risurisu Maisuta (Squirrel Maisuta)
- Kuromametchi: Kuromame Hakushaku (Vampire Kuromametchi)
- Kuchipatchi: Patchi Dancers (with an accompanying Royal Servant)
- Kikitchi: Meitantei Kiki (Detective Kiki)
Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver.Edit
Main article: Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy versionTamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy ver. (たまごっちアイディーエル プリンセススペイシーバージョン tamagotchi aidīeru purinsesu supeishī bājon) is based around the new popular Tamagotchi character, Himespetchi. Similar character based to the Tamagotchi iD Lovely Melody ver. It was released in March 2012, and only comes in a black and pink design shell.